Episode #7, Emil Walker.
We jump on the line this week with our good friend Emil Walker. Filmer, director and editor in London, Emil is making a splash with content creation and videography.
Starting out as a ski bum, Emil has found a way to not only sustain a similar creative and fun lifestyle which includes travelling and creating documentaries, but also makes a living from it.
Amongst having a laugh about old times we chat about getting over the fear of taking the step to full time, faking it until you make it, connecting with like minded people and extending your network.
You never know, your next client may just be a friend of a friend that sent you a post on facebook.
What you will learn on this episode:
- Not studying but getting real world experience.
- Finding new gigs with facebook.
- Taking jobs then taking time to create valuable personal projects.
- Having a creative space to work.
- Reaching out and surrounding yourself with great people.
Mentioned on the show
- Emil instagram
- ted talk “faking it til you make it“
- “Spaghetti hoop toasties” – Winning Snowboard video
- Vallerret Photography Gloves
Leave a review and win a pair of Vallerret Photography Gloves!
By leaving us a review on iTunes you enter the draw to win, and it massively helps us spread the word to help others that are trying to break through and also make an income with their photography.
We will randomly select a review during November and December to give away a pair of Vallerret Photography gloves. Leave a review then send an email to email@example.com for your chance to enter.